MY DAILY SELF-PURIFICATION SCHEDULE
“O you who believe! Fear Allah, and let every soul consider what it has sent forth for the morrow, and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Aware of what you do.”
1. Have you performed your daily prayers, and how many were in congregation?
2. Did you perform your prayers with attentiveness and reverence?
3. Did you perform any Nawafil Prayers, and your Salat al-Layl?
4. Have you done any Mustahab fasting, like Mondays and Thursdays?
5. Have you recited any of the Qur’an, or memorized any of it, and have you pondered on any of the verses?
6. Have you recited your Dhikr for the day?
7. Have you read the special supplications you need to for the day, when waking up, wearing clothes, eating, leaving your house, in the toilet, when sleeping, etc.?
8. Did you send your salutations to the Prophet (s.a.w.) and recite Salawaat?
9. Have you fulfilled the rights of others [rights of your parents, rights of your work, rights of the Muslims, rights of inviting to Allah ta’ala]?
10. Have you given your Khums, Zakat, or paid any Sadaqah?
11. Have you asked someone to accompany you to Congregation Prayers, or Friday Prayers?
12. Have you given advice to your Muslim brother or sister and helped them in doing good or stopped them from doing wrong?
13. Have you done any good, or assisted in fulfilling the needs of any person?
14. Have you investigated that what you’re eating, drinking and wearing is Halal, and is it coming from a Halal income?
15. Have you struggled against your Nafs to rid yourself of any vice or evil trait or bad characteristic [anger, greed, envy, excessive joking, etc.]?
16. Have you struggled to adopt righteous qualities, good features and positive characteristics [forbearance, patience, modesty, mercy, sincerity, generosity, fearing Allah, etc.]?
17. Have you monitored your heart and guarded it, and purified it from what destroys it [haughtiness, showing off, malice, envy, attachment to this world, etc.]?
18. Have you held your tongue and other senses from committing major sins and that which Allah tala’ has prohibited [lying, backbiting, slandering, saying something without knowledge, lowering your gaze, desires of the stomach, sexual lusts, etc.]?
19. Have you remembered the reality of the Dunya in comparison to the Hereafter, and have not become attached to its adornments [money, women, children, position, etc.]?
20. Have you remembered death and its hardships, the grave and its darkness, standing in front of Allah, and so prepared yourself to meet Him [like visiting the cemetery]?
21. Have you remembered to pray for yourself, your parents and all Muslims?
22. Have you secluded with yourself and scrutinized it for what you have done for the day?
23. Have you finished off your day with repentance and seeking forgiveness with the intention of promising to Allah ta’ala that you will solve your shortcomings and increase your diligence?
4,072 total views, 1 views today