Forty valuable pieces of advice directed at newly wedded wives, and forty for newly wedded husbands.
- Be proud of your husband.
- Don’t compare him to anyone else.
- Don’t undermine his authority.
- Search for his beauty in his intellect.
- Be content.
- Don’t show your beauty to anyone else.
- Be shy, but don’t be haughty.
- Be attractive toward your husband.
- Accompany your positive emotions with strong reason.
- Don’t be stubborn, or else you will fall from your husband’s eye.
- Do your tamkin (sexual availability) so you become his only crown.
- Be your husband’s refuge so he will only turn to you.
- Beauty, simplicity and purity should be what gives you comfort.
- Don’t pursue extravagance, but be elegant.
- If you don’t know how to cook good, learn.
- Build yourself before you build anything else.
- Always beautify yourself for your husband.
- Be hygienic, brush your teeth and always smell nice.
- Make sure you never smell bad, from sweat or cooking.
- Give your attention to your husband when you are with him.
- Your hair is your cherished beauty; take care of it.
- Never change your cheerful smile with a grumpy frown.
- Find beautiful meanings in your difficulties.
- If your husband was to say: “If it wasn’t for me nobody would have married you!” your reply should be: “Then I must be very grateful to you!”
- If he was to say: “I don’t love you!” your reply should be: “In return I am very proud of you!”
- If he was to say: “I’m not in the mood for you!” you should say: “And I’ve got nobody else other than you!”
- If he says: “I don’t like your family!” you should say: “However, I love your family!”
- If he gets angry, say sorry to him.
- Buy gifts for your mother in law.
- What you want should be requested kindly.
- Don’t be a “demander”.
- Understand the difficulties of your husband’s work.
- Assist him in social obligations towards others.
- When your husband returns home receive him, welcome and kiss him.
- Never say to him: “You are useless!”
- Keep the house neat and tidy, and accommodate to his needs.
- When you put food in front of him, say: “I don’t know if you will like the food or not!”
- Always seek help and strength from Almighty God.
- See what he needs and help him to reach his goals.
- When he speaks pay attention to what he says to show how important he is to you.
- Say to your wife: “I love you!”
- The word “love” should only be used for her.
- Your wife is a fragile crystal; make sure you don’t break it.
- Do what you can so that she has faith in you.
- You need to be the best support for her to lean on.
- Spend your love on her, not just your money.
- Praise your wife’s beauty.
- Don’t give your wife things to do that she can’t.
- Your wife is a spring flower, don’t wither it.
- Don’t expect your wife to be like you.
- Don’t tire your wife with arguing and fighting.
- Always be loyal to your wife.
- Be firm and authoritative, never violent.
- Sympathising and understanding will always keep her tranquil.
- Before criticising her compliment her.
- Don’t mock her to make her upset.
- If you respect her have hope in your life together.
- If you hurt her she will hate and repulse you.
- Compliment her cooking.
- Do not get easily upset from what she says, she does not mean it.
- Never break her heart.
- Don’t mock her.
- If she shows some jealousy, don’t increase it by humiliating her.
- In a soft, but affirmative voice say: “Don’t quarrel with me!”
- If at a time she suspects you, with and compassion give her assurance.
- Show her respect in any way you can.
- If she says: “You don’t love me; I’m miserable because I married you!” say to her: “But I feel very lucky that I married you!”
- If she says: “I’m so bored and sad in this house!” say to her: “The first opportunity we have I’ll take you wherever you want!”
- If she says: “You’re so bad!” say: “But in return you’re so good!”
- If she is flirtuous, value and appreciate it.
- If she cries, let her vent out her frustration and express how she feels.
- If she says: “I’m tired of the children!” say: “You have every right to be so. I’m very grateful for your patience!”
- If she frowns, say to her: “Don’t frown, it doesn’t suit you!”
- If she’s upset with you, say to her: “You being upset is like your love; both are beautiful!”
- If she complains about your mother or sister, just listen to her.
- If she says: “I had many proposals!” say back with a smile: “Then I must be very lucky that I have you!
- If she says: “You’re ugly!” say to her: “However, you are beautiful!”
- If she says it again, say: “A man’s beauty is in his intellect!”
- If she says: “I want a divorce!” seek consultation and go for counselling.
- Let her feel you are the only reliable and soothing person she has.
9,267 total views, 3 views today